Wednesday 18 March 2015

who kows eh lol :)


From the cradle a thought

 

It’s a funny old world, into which I am hurled,

And told that this is you’re lot,

Without fervour or grace, straight to my face,

That this is all I had got,

 

To my own surprise, when I opened my eyes,

I was surrounded by many a stranger,

They cooed and awed, some even pawed,

As I lay cosy in my manger,

 

And so it goes, many to’s and froe’s,

I learned, I lived and grew,

To teenage times, when all is fine,

The past long gone it flew,

 

To adulthood, where tall I stood,

I began to have some fears,

To be at large, told I’m in charge,

I wished for bygone years,

 

Older now, lines on my brow,

Yet still I try so hard,

No wrinkle spared, from those I cared,

Now age my only card,

 

And who will tell, if I lived life well,

But those I leave behind,

Memories made, a kind word said,

Won’t be too hard to find,

 

Yes, it’s a funny old world, into which I am hurled,

I pray that I do well,

I’ll try my best, to pass life’s test,

For the future we can’t tell,

 

But from this cot, I’ll live not rot,

Face all that lies ahead,

This is our lot; we only get one shot,

We spend longer being dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers