Wednesday 27 May 2015

hidden thought


Hidden thought

 

I know you’re in there, hoping I don’t see you,

Skulking around, in places I won’t look,

Like memories, of which I’ve lost more than a few,

Waiting to pounce, shake every cranny and nook,

But you don’t fool me,

 

I choose not to find you; we are both at ease,

If you stay hidden, we’ll get along just fine,

There’s nothing about you, that me, will please,

We’re hiding, both of us biding our time,

I wonder, who’s fooling who,

 

You’re like a whole other person, definitely not me,

Yet, you lay waiting, deep in my mind,

A promise, biding time to be free,

A sudden finality, where I’ll be defined,

Who is fooling who here,

 

Should I drop my guard, let you take over,

Just to see what you will do,

And what then, will I discover,

An end of me, a beginning for you,

Fools then, thinking either of us is free,

 

It’s a fight, to control a torrid mind,

Watching me, against myself, and I?

Praying that sanity, is what I will find,

Knowing for my life, I must, inevitably try,

There is no fooling a fool,

 

But you don’t fool me,

I wonder, who if any, is fooling who,

Who is fooling who here,

Fools then, thinking either of us is free,

There is no fooling this old fool,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers