Monday 31 August 2015

fading memories


Fading memories

 

When I am dead, and no longer around,

Will you recall one thing, I have said?

When you have burned me, or buried me, underground,

In the paper, will nice things, ever be read,

 

Will you recall, one single time,

We laughed together, at life,

Because of trauma, either yours or mine,

When stress, was running rife?

 

And having overcome the worry,

Glad that I was there,

I didn’t run off in a hurry,

I stayed and showed I care,

 

While I live on this green earth,

Before my time is done,

With those held true, I’ll share my heart,

I’ll walk with them or run,

 

All the good that I can do,

I will do so; I’ll try my best,

Honest fair and always true,

Hope I pass life’s test,

 

Don’t wait until; I am in my grave,

To rectify any wrong,

The time is now, our memories save,

Together, sing life’s song,

 

For all that has been, lays in the past,

What’s coming to us all, who knows?

A willingness to forgive, should forever last,

Whomever, stood on our toes,

 

Recall me now, while I’m still here,

I’m never too far away,

If all that holds you back, is fear,

Memories fade faster, day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers