Wednesday 13 March 2019

Regretfully, I wish


Regretfully, I wish

I wish I paid more attention, when you said, something,
Instead of sitting silent, waiting for my phone to ring,
Spoke a little louder, while you were by my side,
Not rush off somewhere, knowing too well I lied,

I wish I made the time, to joke with you and smile,
Not stay late at work, ran that extra mile,
Went shopping round the town, spent my hard earned cash,
Knew you were home, waiting, no need for me to dash,

I wish I took the time to be loud, when silently i sat,
Nattered on about my day, laughed at this or that,
Asked you to help out, made a memory in that time,
Instead of waiting too late, feel your loss, as mine,

I wish I could recall, when last we spoke out loud,
Saw you stood there, laughing in the crowd,
Too late your smiling face, missing now it’s gone,
Wishing I had you here, right here where you belong,

Time has passed us by now, there is no you nor I,
I sit alone and wonder, regretfully, harder I should have tried,
Did you understand me, was there a need to speak?
Was I too wrapped up in me, was I perhaps too weak,

I wish I had the courage, to ask you all those things,
The little things that worried me, dumped that phone before it rings,
Broke that silence I was into, thinking all was truly well,
Never knowing that you were sat there, smiling and unwell,

I wish I paid more attention, when you said something,
I wish I made the time to ignore that phone and its ring,
I wish I took the time to be loud when you were not,
I wish for all the happy things, the things in silence we’ve forgot,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers