Friday 10 July 2015

good manners


Good manners

 

I sit in many rooms, visit many places,

Tasted magic mushrooms, seen lots of weird faces,

I visit the pub, as I drink a bit,

Eat any old grub, when I see fit,

But always, I have good manners,

 

I’m young at heart; I’ve had my fun,

I played my part; I’ve walked and run,

Never hard to find, sat in plain sight,

I spoke my mind, stood tall to fight,

Yet still, I held good manners,

 

When I was young, I tried my best,

Yes, wild I’d run, with vigour and zest,

Dear old father would chase me down,

Turn many a smile into a frown,

Upon me, he put those manners,

 

Learned with my peers, to get along,

Went through the gears, sometimes got it wrong,

And on in life, kept trying hard,

Love the wife, my one trump card,

Now she keeps me in good manners,

 

Time is chasing close behind, I am slowing down,

Soon I’ll be easier to find, no longer running round,

My smile intact, as I recall,

Looking back, when I’d stand or fall,

There always were, good manners,

 

At times I felt I was of use, or felt that I was not,

Age is never an excuse, for good manners to be forgot,

Young or old, nasty or nice,

Listen be told, it should suffice,

Good manners will see you through,

 

I’ve seen them old; I’ve seen them young,

The wont be told, not right from wrong,

They will not learn, to the very end,

For they all yearn, a one true friend,

Eludes them, for they lack good manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers