Friday 9 October 2015

mothers lesson


The mothers lesson

 

Grounded she screamed, for two weeks this time,

I’ll give you sneaking out, to steal another man’s horse,

Then she took away, all that I called mine,

Two weeks passed and she screamed, till she was hoarse,

 

But I was out and running, as fast as I could,

To see what friends were planning, ahead,

Mostly we did things, that were considered no good,

In the darkness of night, when the world seemed dead,

 

Riding horses bareback, was our idea of fun,

The faster the better, and we knew them all,

On the city streets, we would race and run,

We had no fear, even when the sirens would call,

 

Usually, when we’d finished, we’d let them all go,

But I had a plan for mine, this night,

Telling no_ one, so the mother wouldn’t know,

It may shut her up, if she got a good fright,

 

I tied the horse, to the knocker, on our door,

Climbed up the pipe, and went straight to my bed,

Soon, the mother left out with a roar,

Whoever is knocking at this hour, is dead,

 

Down the stairs, with anger in her mind,

And murderous intent, filling her with disgrace,

Yanked open the door, and what did she find,

The horse and herself, met face to face,

 

At four in the morning, the whole street was awake,

With the racket they made, as they both danced in her hall,

From the bed I was yanked, no more could she take,

On the road, she beat me, before one and all,

 

As a son you’re nothing, but a dirty old rake,

The priest and the guards, will make the next call,

Teaching me a lesson, showing me my mistake,

For making her, and that horse, dance in her hall

 

To daingan they shipped, me which was not very nice,

The brothers to teach me, the error of my ways,

But the look on her face, was well worth the price,

I’ll recall it fondly, to the end of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers