Friday 10 July 2015

secret room


The secret room

 

Sat, in a room, void of hope,

Surrounded by smiling faces,

Wondering if ever the ability to cope,

Will see me in other places,

 

Dark, no light will penetrate,

These walls this roof the floor,

Fear and dread I contemplate,

There’s no window or a door,

 

Forever searching night and day,

A glimmer, of saving light,

Down on bended knee I pray,

An end to this forever fight,

 

I can check out any time I like,

Still, I can never leave,

This room is filled with pain and spite,

There is no sign of reprieve,

 

What keeps me here, a single thought?

With which I battle long and hard,

Who’ll win or lose of this I’m fraught,

This room I must disregard,

 

The battle runs its daily course,

So I smile and continue to fight,

I pray I have the mightier force,

To shed just a little light

 

Sat in a room no hope in sight,

Despair is all around,

Darker days will turn to light,

Hope will then abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers