Thursday 26 March 2015

recovering in hospital is boring so read this lol :)

The joint
 (for a fellow poet in hospital get well)
I like to keep fit, but I’m lying in bed,
 I’ve broken some bit, of my body instead,
 Off out and about, running and racing,
 I just want to shout, not slow down my pacing,
So with tablet in hand, not shoved down my throat,
 The internet is grand, it keeps me afloat,
 My friends all e-mail, their worries and woes,
 I walk like a snail, but my mending it slows,
A story teller please, to spin me a yarn,
 If I could get on my knees, I’d beg, sure what harm,
 Just to pass time, perhaps make me laugh,
 Make it all fine, I might escape from this gaff,
If only to find, I’m not in total shock,
 So hard this old grind, my bits are a crock,
 They will shove in a pin, try hold things together,
 It’s a mortal sin; I’ve been here forever,
But I will get out, yes I will recover,
 Walk slowly about, hope to discover,
 That all will be well, they will fix what is wrong,
 This is like living hell; I am here way too long,
 The drugs seem ok; the place is far from a tip,
 Night blends to day, is it your knee or my hip,
 All things considered, I’m not fit I’m in bed,
 Just feeling withered, that a piece of me is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers