Thursday 9 June 2016

Misunderstanding

Misunderstanding

Sorry, I don’t understand a word you are saying,
Perhaps it’s my accent, she has trouble comprehending,
I was in a hurry, don’t know why she was delaying,
The more I tried, she became more condescending,

Now look I repeated, here’s what I need,
I may as well have asked a brick, the time,
Repeat your last,” You want to be freed”?
I can feel my mouth beginning to mime,

Those around me understood when I spoke,
Some are smiling at my simple request,
I feel like a convict tied to a yoke,
I speak plainly, but still she must test,

Start from the beginning, speak at will,
My mouth making shapes, I again must try,
Frustrated now, I have thoughts that may kill,
All my effort, yet she must deny,

Just wait I thought, until I get her alone,
I’m pretty sure she will get the gist,
Speak plainly you sound like a drone?
It’s going to be herself, myself, and a firmly planted fist,

As soon as I got home I made the call,
We were parting company, as fast as I could,
I picked her up and planted her, half way through the wall,
Understand that I cried, if you would,

How dare she imply she is smarter than me?
Speak plainly and try not to sound like a drone,
She is now stuck, in the wall for all to see,

Understand that you smart less, immobile, dead phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers