Monday 17 August 2015

unforgotten past


Unforgotten past

 

To all who know me, and know me well,

I’ve learned my lessons, ye taught me well,

The more I try, the less I get,

More importantly, I don’t forget,

 

And so I tried, for years a must,

Sentenced now, I fear unjust,

Spoiled forever, the name I had,

No more effort, for this I’m glad,

 

So on my way, I travel fast,

Yet never will, forget my past,

It taught me well, it taught me you,

A better man, stood tall and true,

 

But never fear, if we should meet,

My smile to you, I’ll always greet,

And though at times, it is hard to find,

I’ve travelled on, left you behind,

 

Where once you held, a place on high,

Too many times, did me deny,

Some hurt, some pain, I hid it well,

So much so, you couldn’t tell,

 

My journey long, my journey short,

It was up to you, if you’d take part,

My door was open, my kettle boiled,

My best effort, your action spoiled,

 

So I travel on, and I travel true,

The building of bridges, I leave to you,

I ask you this, when called you last.

The door now closed, unforgotten past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers