Friday 8 May 2015

tough one today


Laid to rest

 

Laid to rest, yet still you remain,

Fresh, as though it was yesterday,

Now, nothing will ever be the same,

Gone, when I had so much to say,

 

And you, your story yet to unfold,

I, stood here, somehow feeling lost,

To me so young, to others perhaps old,

Death the price, we must pay life’s cost,

 

Mourning now, as we each recall,

For all you did, how much you gave,

Each time you rose, after every fall,

May the sun shine brightly, upon your grave?

 

I’ll call by, when I need your word,

Bring you flowers, like I should have done,

Tell you all the things I’ve heard,

Together, we will laugh as one,

 

And as I sit and remember you,

And so much mischief, we may have caused,

As all between us, was very much true,

I wish death, for once had paused,

 

But that grim reaper waits for none,

His lantern dims, his scythe swings low,

Yet I’ll recall we had so much fun,

Before he called, and you had to go,

 

Though laid to rest, you will remain,

Your story will, in time unfold,

Nothing, will ever be the same,

In my heart your memory, I’ll always hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers