Friday 24 July 2015

family ties


Family ties

 

Is it because I, was one too many,

Or perhaps, just too much,

Yet I wasn’t the last, seems uncanny,

You pegged me, worrisome, as such,

 

Maybe I was different, than all who went before,

But the same, in an unusual kind of way,

But our values seemed the same, at our core,

Years now and still, you have little or nothing to say,

 

Family means everything, I hear you spout,

You would do anything for yours,

But you choose those who are in, those to leave out,

Setting example, by closing your inner doors,

 

Being older, the younger ones, looked up to you,

Was it too much pressure to lead the way,

Time and age, has crept up on us all its true,

Seems it’s too late now, to want to have a say,

 

Nowadays I hear “life is too bloody short “to fight,

You need time, with those, whose memory you share,

When support was in need, you’d had taken flight,

Never looking back, to see what was left there,

 

My path was laid, before I could walk,

My future mapped out, before my time,

My words formed, long before I could talk,

My actions put me, on a different line,

 

Now you need, our paths to cross,

It’s only right, we show the world,

With the passage of time, you feel huge loss,

Stood alone here, I have since unfurled,

 

The gap in age, from first to last,

The rush to leave, that nesting place,

Survival gained, the cost, you’re past,

Siblings, now a strangers face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers