Monday 16 March 2015

when love called


When love called

 

Love called and it clouded my mind,

There was something about you that struck a nerve,

Slowly but surely I left myself behind,

It didn’t take long before I saw myself serve,

I was lost and you were all I could find,

 

I never invited love to come in,

I assume it was love at least in the start,

That’s where losing myself would begin,

Who I am and why would seemingly depart,

You’re smile suddenly became a grin,

 

Still I loved you with all of my soul,

Never a thought of any betrayal,

Honesty was not it turned out your goal,

Though I tried I was doomed to fail,

Your heart became blacker then coal,

 

I convinced myself it was but a mistake,

The third time you lashed out,

My love forgiving you didn’t shake,

After all it was what love for me was about,

All I gave was not enough for you to take,

 

My love remained when you and yours left,

And time has healed my wounded heart,

Slowly but surely I am no longer bereft,

Time is healing my shattered parts,

If love calls again I will speedily have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers