Wednesday 14 September 2011

broken trust

this for the whitehouse poetry tonight see if they can guess who it is about,
its for one of the veterans attending 2nd in command so to speak???????


Broken trust


I thought you were someone who did me no wrong,

But over the past while I’ve heard a different song,

I’ve defended you while others put you down,

Stood in your corner when some called you a clown,

Was willing to stand and defend your good name,

I foolishly thought you would do the same,

But then I am a trusting soul honest yet fair,

But when my name was in doubt you were not there,

You grabbed it with both hands and ripped it apart,

And I left feeling a fool with an injured heart,

And while I was defending your name on the floor,

You plotted and planned to have me sent out the door,

And still we sat and talked like friends,

And listened to all about us making amends,

Had I known what was circling inside your head?

I would have been more cautious instead,

Where I thought friendship was like budding shoots,

Little did I know ours was from rotten roots?

It should have blossomed and expanded and grown,

Your seeds are bad from when they were first sown,

I see you know as one who sits firmly in the middle,

Like a bad accountant who is on the fiddle,

You take from all yet give nothing back,

With a smiling face you approach and secretly attack,

And yet you justify all saying you do what you must,

Don’t be foolish and think you hold anyone’s trust,

I will sit with you and my injured pride,

You’ll never know what my thoughts hide,

Where once I thought you a trusted friend,

You’ll never know it but that’s at an end,

I have learned my lesson from your bad advice,

Friend, your found wanting you are not very nice,

So come sit with me when you think that you must,

But know you this you have no trust,

I thought you were someone who would do me no wrong,

Now it’s my turn to string you along,

And show you that you can never mend,

The broken trust of a once good friend.

13-Sep-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers