Thursday 8 September 2011

absconded

read this in the whitehouse last night thought i might share it,
Absconded


On a visit to the hospital to see my lad who was ill,

The sight that greeted me made me stand back quite still,

There he was chained and cuffed to the bed,

And two prison wardens keeping an eye on his head,

And somewhere floating about but just out of sight,

Was a third just in case he decided to take flight,

Sentenced to jail for a crime by the judge,

With three burley chaps to make sure he wouldn’t budge,

But the following morning a loud knock on my door,

He was no where to be found he legged it across the floor,

If you see him will you tell him to hand himself in?

He hasn’t long to do and it’s a mortal sin,

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing from this guard,

He escaped with three men minding him was it hard?

No he said that the lad didn’t use his might,

He just saw his chance and he took flight,

Across the building site with all of that rubble,

And now three wardens are in serious trouble,

In any case next morning my home was surrounded,

Search warrant in hand the gardai abounded,

Searching rooms sheds outhouses and the attic,

Their behaviour was calm yet somehow erratic,

Pleasant enough as they went about their job,

As I stood there in a towel with my opened gob,

I’ve had this before so I know all the drill,

Here’s me in a towel hoping to give a ban gardai a thrill,

When I started writing this he was still at large,

And likely to face an additional charge,

Regardless of the sentence for a crime he once made,

Perhaps to meet his woman he might even get laid,

Either way the lad was out and on the run,

Pretty sure before he goes back he’ll have fun,

Yet the question remains how he escaped from three grown men,

And they come beating my door down at half 9 or ten,

I can see why the authorities have themselves in a lather,

But he’s married with kids and you’re hassling me his father,

With a search warrant to boot which isn’t very nice?

Don’t you think it’s a bit late to ask me give him advice?

Well his run is over they have apprehended my male,

He was arrested on the Childers road today and put back in jail

03 Sep. 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers