Thursday 2 February 2012

fre fall

it might appear that i threw my sister out the window but this is not true just so you know ha ha


Free fall


We lived in the high flats in the north side of the city,

There was myself 2 brothers and 10 sisters all pretty,

The older ones were always busy with school or a job,

To stop the mother moaning shut her ould gob,

15 of us in that flat with not much to keep us occupied,

The truth long since lost and yet none of us lied,

It had 4 bedrooms one of which was quite small,

And breakfast was a nightmare when the mother would call,

It was a dash down the stairs which sounded like thunder,

Then she’d count us all hoping not to make a blunder,

When the weather was too bad for us kids to go play,

Inside the high flats playing hide n seek we’d stay,

And with twelve of us hiding all over the house,

Not wanting to be found all as quiet as a mouse,

It was I, who was seeker on this wet and cold day,

I had found eleven there was one left astray,

And I searched the place looking high and low,

Frustration set in where that youngest could go,

Then I saw her behind the curtain on the upstairs window sill,

I thought I’d found all twelve oh what a thrill,

Gotcha I shouted as I pulled that curtain to one side,

Nowhere in this house from me can you hide,

Between the noise from the rest and me with a shout,

The window opened wide and she was gone she fell out,

She flew passed the mother as she washed up at the sink,

And hit the ground below before any of us could blink,

Panic and mayhem followed as we all ran to find,

She was sitting crying in the grass on her behind,

The old man living underneath nearly died with the fright,

Looking up at the opened window and then her what a sight,

She came home from the hospital in no less then four hours,

And we all were thankful for she was still one of ours,

When the old fella came by to see how she was the next day,

He asked mother would it have been better to just let us go play,

Not just open that window and throw the youngest girl out,

For god sake woman what was that all about?

It was him she said pointing at me in the chair,

When he pulled back the curtains she just wasn’t there.

29.01.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers