Wednesday 28 January 2015

homeless am i !


Homeless am i!

 

 

So, you just can’t see me stood here,

But you walk by me at the same time each day,

Are you avoiding my gaze through fear?

In case I have something to say,

 

Unlike you my bed is a doorway to sleep,

Life has put me in this place,

I had all you cherish and keep,

But now a very forgettable face,

 

No, I am not asking for your last few pence,

Fear not I won’t lay my hands on your clothes,

Behind these eyes there is good sense,

Where I am now no one knows,

 

But I am right here, yet you won’t see me,

You are embarrassed on my behalf,

In plain sight cloaked in invisibility,

You pretend to be on your phone and laugh,

 

Homeless yes homeless is what I am,

I sleep on the street each night,

I eat from skips or the odd thrown away can,

Yes I do look an unsavoury sight,

 

There are lots of us, who find it too hard,

To be able to deal with daily life,

Unable to cope we are playing our only and final card,

Forgotten by most, we cause nothing but strife,

 

To be avoided for days, months, even years,

Unwilling to see or fearing words that are said,

Until in public places your worst of fears,

Found on your street, homeless person dead,

 

Yes it was me you passed every day,

Your head hung low you had nothing to say,

As those in power passed by in cars,

Drinking whiskey in the government bars,

I served my country when I knew I could,

No one served me, nor thought they could.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers