Wednesday 11 March 2015

mommas little birdie ha :)


True detective in childhood

 

There must have been sixty children in six flats in balla,

So every now and then one or two would have a little fight,

It didn’t matter if you were a girl or a fella,

If you felt someone wronged you then you had to put it right,

 

Gillian was her name and I was told she squealed,

About some or other thing I might or not have done,

Well I was going to have her and all would be revealed,

By the time I was finished she would be having a lot less fun,

 

I was grounded until the father came home,

But I saw her out through the window of my room,

The door was locked and I was on my own,

Waiting for the strap by the light of the moon,

 

“I’ll get you” I roared as she walked passed my house,

“It’s all your fault that I’m waiting on the strap”

Get in from that window you stupid old louse,

No idea what you’re on about or I’ll give you a slap,

 

Well you told my mother what I did the other day,

Now I’m for the high jump and it’s all down to you,

Ah shut up you fool she said “I had nothing to say,”

My mother told me and lying is something they don’t do,

 

As we shouted up and down from the window it rained,

It was always a secret how my mother knew everything,

I worked it all out though and I was sure who was to be blamed,

It was that Gillian one, hell to her world I was about to bring,

 

My mother told me a little birdie told her on me,

And I worked it out that it had to be you,

Sure isn’t your mother’s name birdie,

So all the time what my mother said has to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers