Monday 16 February 2015

enough go quietly enda kenny joan burton


Enough go quietly

 

No, I will not go quietly without having my say,

I have listened to your words beating me down,

Yes I will go, but not on your say,

If I stay, I surely will, under your words drown,

But I will not go quietly,

 

You, who are self-proclaimed know it all’s,

Shouting your rhetoric from your podium,

No, you will not see me fall,

I have found my voice I know who I am,

You can push but I will not go quietly,

 

Use all your tricks, for I have seen them at play,

Too long I have sat in my quiet little box,

No longer do you have anything of worth to say,

I have taken way too many of your hard knocks,

I am awake and will not go quietly,

 

Having woken from my long suffering slumber,

Taken all the tough times you have dished out,

Thought long and hard I now have your number,

What once was a whisper has grown into a shout,

Perhaps I will go but you will be leaving quietly,

 

You have poked this sleeping beast once too often,

And had no response for far too long,

The anger festered and will not now soften,

Noisily singing a different song,

As you leave look back this beast is awake,

 

No more bending to your do or die rule,

Nor your use of tactics best kept for war,

This once sleeping beast is no such fool,

You are no leader you have gone too far,

Say farewell now it’s time to go quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers