Monday 16 July 2012

some more stuff from yours truly

these two are from last week in ther whitehouse bar limerick 1 fun the other social ha ha see if you can figure out which is which

Mindless (mark twain)


To all the things I’ve lost I miss my mind the most,

In everything I did my mind it had played host,

Now every waking moment I can’t tell if it’s night or day,

The empty space between my ears where my mind used to lay,

It had a place for memory where I could just recall,

Now I search for ages my shouts on deaf ears fall,

It used to tell me daily, which direction I was to set off,

But I go round in circles now and all about me scoff,

I once would point my finger at an object way off far,

Then I’d look towards heaven and gaze upon a shooting star,

Of all the things I miss the most I think I miss my mind,

Or at least I would if I could ask it I live in hope to find,

I could put a poster in the morning paper every day,

Asking my mind to please come back and reside with me stay,

But would that not imply that my mind had not yet left,

I would have to print that I am the victim of a theft,

Yet there’s nothing left behind in the space where it had been,

I’ve looked deep inside my head there’s nothing to be seen,

It’s gone with all good thoughts and resting somewhere new,

Should you see it wandering by please send me on a clue?

Through all the things I’ve done it’s my mind that’s paid the cost,

The good times and the bad are something that I’ve lost,

I sit down at the table waiting for my grub,

And soon I realize that I’m sitting in the pub,

Something seems familiar as I sit within this place,

I gaze into the mirror and see a weary face,

This is the face of someone who’s lost his mind,

Weary from the search for the one thing he cannot find,

Worried about the future and where he goes from here,

All seems so normal but it is not it soon appears,

To all the things I’ve lost I surely miss my mind the most,

The body I remain in to my life it has been host,

Though I appear quite healthy and I look really well,

Within this head is torment and a nightmare sent from hell,

If I should appear aimless as I wonder throughout the land,

I may have lost my mind but sure the rest of me is grand.

11 Jul. 12

 
The morning after.
 (idea from a marti pellow song)


Sick of waking every morning to see a different face,

Tired of looking back and seeing someone else’s place,

Closing silent doors behind me strangers not to wake,

The long walk home is lonely as morning starts to break,

All night long I loved you whoever you may be,

The cold light of the morning and silently I am free,

One night love is easy as the music and lights are flowing,

Sober in the morning and one of us is quietly going,

You lie in your bed and pretend to be asleep,

Or I will lay in mine as out the door we creep,

Passing glances in a hallway or club or discothèque,

Free love without commitment you never have to check,

Lovers all night long we whisper into each others ear,

In the cold light of the morning leaving without that fear,

When I said I loved you I meant it on that through the night,

It was all held in a moment both knowing each others plight,

Now I find that I need you and you refuse my calls,

Lonely hearts and one night stand’s strange glances in the halls,

Should we meet again and wonder have we been here before,

Lonely hearts and one night stands there could be much more,

I will not leave you in the morning I’ll lay until you wake,

And pray that we might save a broken heart from aches,

Sick of leaving every morning before the breaking of the day,

Tired and alone while softly in your bed you lay,

I will wake and make the coffee while you pretend to sleep,

Put my number on your table you will find it there to keep,

When I see you in a hallway all smile’s and having fun,

You will know we are together and I am the one,

Or maybe I will just forget you as I walk away,

So tired of trying to find that special one to stay,

Morning after the one night stand we had the night before,

Was all just fleeting moments there would never be much more,

Who knows it’s recriminations of things that could have been,

Fleeting memories of a love so briefly if ever seen,

Why do we tend to fall so easy yet find it hard to break away?

The morning after a one night stand a silent exit or do you stay.

28-Jun-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers